[dojo-contributors] More defineWidget

Primitive Itch sjmiles at primitiveitch.com
Sat Jun 3 19:38:43 EDT 2006

Lots of folks are asking me for updated examples on creating widgets. I am
willing to write that up, but there are some outstanding issues with
defineWidget.

I documented the problems, some options, and my recommendations here:
http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome/Inheritance/defineWidget+Proposals

I don't relish writing these pages, but I'm trying to keep the work/talk
ratio to a minimum, so my aim is to give contribs an overview before simply
blasting ahead with changes.

It would be useful to get any changes (to defineWidget itself, that is)
incorporated into 0.3.1, so as to further standardization, although whether
it's wise to make these changes at this time is arguable. The pressure to
get it in early is just so I can write docs that will actually correspond to
our current release.

Regards,
Scott J. Miles
TurboAjax Group