[dojo-contributors] build problem

Jesse Kuhnert jkuhnert at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 15:26:58 EDT 2006

Does it not list the section of js (ie context) that causes the errors?
There are ways to get this information from Rhino when compiling script
segments.

Out of curiosity, which vm ?

I don't think this is a memory issue (from what I just looked up ) but more
of how large the generated dojo.js (or turbodb.js ? ) file is.

If the build system takes dojo.uncompressed.js and passes that as one single
script to compile/intern then it was probably inevitable. Of course, if
there is somehow some js function that wraps almost everything(like
something in loader ? dunno )  in the generated js file that might be the
culprit.

Oh, nevermind...I just looked it up.  I haven't confirmed it, but my guess
is that this is the problem:

if(typeof dojo == "undefined"){
 ~everything~
}

If someone refactors it so there isn't one gigantic block surrounding
everything it'll probably all work fine again.

On 6/3/06, Scott J. Miles <sjmiles at turboajax.com> wrote:

>  We cannot successfully build our TurboDbAdmin application under HEAD.
>
> It appears to be some kind of memory issue, as we can shuffle about units
> and still get failures if our build target will exceed roughly 375Kb. We
> tried various switches to increase JVM RAM allocations to no avail.
>
> The build reports itself as successful and the log of "list-profile-deps"
> looks correct, but the built file contains a number of java errors that
> start like this:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError: Invalid method Code
> length 75588 in class file org/mozilla/javascript/gen/c1
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>
> We will try to rollback some dojo versions and see if the build starts to
> work again, but I wanted to note the issue here.
>
>  Regards,
> Scott J. Miles
> TurboAjax Group
> http://www.turboajax.com