[dojo-contributors] Re: SoC Student

Eugene Lazutkin eugene at lazutkin.com
Sat Apr 29 15:59:22 EDT 2006

Alex Russell wrote:
> I'll sign up as backup mentor.
>
> There's nothing quite like rich text in a browser to cure engineers of
> delusions of competence ;-)

This is an excellent idea for SoC. I know first hand that people looking
for Rich Edit solutions inside Dojo's framework (with Dojo licenses and
without an overhead of the extra package).

One feature, which is required often, is to have a "sanitizer" for
user's input with possible transformations (like add an icon or
target="_blank" to all external references, and so on). If this guy can
do a framework for doing things like that it would be totally worthwhile.

I hope that the progress of this project and related docs will be
tracked in the wiki for everybody to see.

Thanks,

Eugene