[dojo-contributors] SoC Student

Scott J. Miles sjmiles at turboajax.com
Sat Apr 29 14:40:46 EDT 2006

Here is what he says:

first, improve RichText widget to provide fundimental functions to
manuipluate the editing area

'fundamental functions' refers to something like create element in the
richtext, find whether one element is a child of another, etc

second, rework Editor widget/EditorToolbar Widget to support plugins, custom
defined actions etc

and implement a framework for dialogs

i18n/l10n is planned as well

and I have some other ideas, such as the principle of "Action" (like the one
in Qt/KDE)

another idea: make RichText widget based on plugins itself, so that the
users can plugin/unplug some specific actions/commands
<<

He's got a bunch of ideas, obviously it's not fully formed, but I don't
think he wants to write a big proposal without some idea that he can get
backing.

He wound it up with this modest claim:

the final deliverable will be an extensible/powerful (comparible to
fckeditor) WYSIWYG editor based on Dojo
<<

Regards,
Scott J. Miles