[dojo-contributors] mentor sign-up -- Summer of Code

Brian Douglas Skinner skinner at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Apr 28 03:47:42 EDT 2006

Hey all,

Good news -- Dojo is signed up to take part in Google's "Summer of Code"
program.

If you've got ideas for student projects and you'd like to volunteer to
be a mentor, you can sign up now.

The schedule is tight.  Students will start applying in just THREE DAYS,
on May 1.  The deadline for student proposals is May 8, only one week
later.  If there are projects we want to suggest for the students, we
need to post those suggestions in the next few days.

If you want to be mentor, here's what to do...

1. Read Google's "Mentor FAQ" and "Terms of Service":
   http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html
   http://code.google.com/soc/tos.html

2. Look at how a some of the other mentoring organizations advertise
their project ideas:
   http://code.google.com/soc/

3. Read Dojo's list of project ideas, add your project ideas, and list
yourself as available to mentor:
   http://dojo.jot.com/SummerOfCode2006

4. Register with Google as a mentor.  You'll need to first create a
Google Account, or log into your existing Google account if you have
one.  If you use Gmail, your Google Account login information is the
same as that for your Gmail login.  Here's the login page:
   https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount
Once you're logged in, you can sign up on the Mentor Signup page:
   http://code.google.com/soc/mentor_step1.html

Thanks,
   Brian