[dojo-contributors] Re: Is there any numeric formatting?

Adam L. Peller adam at peller.org
Tue Apr 25 22:33:30 EDT 2006

Sorry for breaking the threading again (last time, I promise)

Tom,

>I must be blind.  Have we added any kind of numeric formatting to Dojo, and
>if so, where is it?  I can't seem to find it anywhere, and the ability to
>(at least) format a float as currency would be kind of huge...

IBM has such a library that's part of the JWL toolkit that currently ships
with Rational Application Developer, and it's being donated to Dojo, just
as soon as we get the CLA signed (any day now, really :-)

The library deals with Numbers, Dates, Times, Currencies
of the variety that Jon mentions in his e-mail (we've got tables of this
information for about 70 locales) and several types of calendars.
There's other code there as well that we'll be making available, such
as a data layer, though integrating that with Dojo may not be as
straightforward.

I've also been prototyping some code to do loading of resource bundles
based on locale, like the JDK, but using the same mechanism as dojo.require
()
As soon as I can, I'll share and ask for feedback.

Regards,
Adam