[dojo-contributors] dojo.fx.lite

Dan Pupius dan.pupius at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 13:05:35 EDT 2006

Hey, much lighter :)  Just a couple of points.

In lite/Animation.js, the curve object should be optional.  It'd be nice to
be able to pass in just start and end coordinates, and default to the lite
Line.  This seems a little heavy:
anim = new dojo.fx.lite.Animation(handlers, duration,
                prop.curve||new dojo.fx.lite.Line(prop.start, prop.end),
                easing, prop.repeatCount, prop.rate);

In lite.js slideTo() seems too complicated a method for animating two
properties.  I think you'll find that people will end off creating an
animation for each property which is not ideal.

I suggested to Alex the idea of extending the Animation object and have an
interface something like this:
anim = new dojo.fx.lite.PropertyAnimation(node, [0, 0, 10, 200, 0], [50, 50,
200, 200, 100], ['left', 'top', 'width', 'height', 'opacity'], duration);

Or maybe:
 PropertyAnimation(node, duration, easing, prop1, prop2, ..., propN)
where propX is like you have:
{ property: "opacity", start: 0, end: 1 }

Then slideTo, resizeTo or colourFade functions become nearly as short as
wipeTo.