[dojo-contributors] Re: SVG/VML/Canvas API discussion

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Wed Apr 19 00:36:11 EDT 2006

Tom Trenka wrote:
> The only reason I can see creating a compatibility layer is if Dojo is
> going to provide a "meta-SVG" type language for others to author with.
> Is that something we want to do?

I thought the compatibility layer was to make it easier to write widgets
like the chart widget.  Or do you think it would do more harm than good
for that case?

By the way, if you do decide you like some existing API package like
exCanvas or svg-in-ie, you could try to get those guys to donate the
code to dojo.

Bill