[dojo-contributors] Re: SVG/VML/Canvas API discussion

Adam Peller apeller at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 18 23:00:33 EDT 2006

Also, for compatibility layers, take a look at Mark Finkle's SVG in IE:

http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/2006/03/svg-in-ie/

I don't know how complete a mapping one could provide from SVG to VML, but
vectors and plain fills may be sufficient most of the time?  (I think
there's a
SVG profile that comes pretty close to this?)  Of course, this is a
one-time
transform, so if interactive content is our goal, this may not cut it.

This also made me wonder if it's possible to achieve using an XSLT -- I'm
not
very proficient in XSLT, but I think Microsoft's implementation would make
it
possible to keep talking to the SVG DOM and push changes down to the
transformed
VML?  Wonder if anyone has attempted to do it this way?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/excanvas