[dojo-contributors] SVG/VML/Canvas API discussion

Jon Sykes jon.sykes at media-hive.com
Tue Apr 18 21:07:26 EDT 2006

You could take an an example the "other" vector drawing system that
has an API.

Namely flash.

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flash/articles/precision_drawing.html
http://www.flashdevils.com/tutorials.php?id=142&FlashMX%20-%20the%
20drawing%20API.html
http://www.flash-creations.com/notes/dynamic_drawingapi.php

If there was an API like this in Dojo for web vector drawing,
especially if it abstracted the actual rendering so it could work
with VML, SVG, Mobile SVG, whatever is next, the scope could be huge.

Jon Sykes