[dojo-contributors] Bootstrap refactoring to reduce bloat and separate package loading

Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 01:18:46 EDT 2006

A couple of minor comments:

re: bootstrap2 loading before hostenv--although I wasn't involved in the
original writing of that (I did end up writing a stub for the Adobe SVG
plugin that was never actually committed, so I have a pretty good idea of
what's going on), I'd ask: if you are going to load bootstrap2 before the
hostenv, why not merge bootstrap1 with 2 and call it "bootstrap"?  The only
reason it was split into two was because the work that needed to take the
hostenv into account had to happen between the two bootstraps, and if you've
worked your way past it then I'd eliminate the second file altogether (Alex
would know a lot more about that).

re: Adobe SVG plugin: I was the one that added that code to hostenv_browser
(although I didn't write the adobesvg stub, that was Dylan), and I think
we've made the decision to not support that plugin for dojo.  However, I'd
ask that you keep that code there for now, and let me or Dylan remove it in
the near future (if called for)--since we're the ones working primarily with
SVG, and it's very possible that we may decide (for some odd reason I can't
think of now) that we *have* to support ASVG somehow (god forbid).

If possible we will make a decision about ASVG in the very near future but
as it's only a few lines of code in hostenv_browser, I'd ask that you leave
it for now.

trt