[dojo-contributors] style.js size reduction (and the stuff Neil's working on)

Neil Roberts neil at onebahamas.com
Sun Apr 16 23:03:45 EDT 2006

Well, I guess it's about time for an update on this then.

Jesse has done some great work in helping me getting the Js convertor
stuff working and I've done a lot of work since.

Basically, when all is said and done, this should allow us to do some
pretty amazing stuff. Statistically, in terms of our build, or
whatever else; it's pretty flexible.

What it does is creates a Java Object structure (tree form) from
source. It also allows us to create XML output of this structure. The
plans are to do crazy things like attach source code to an Object,
and even crazier stuff like attach an XML element to that same object.

What that means is that, in theory, you should be able to build a
file that supports only one function. ie, find every function call in
code, load in its related declaration, and continue on down the line
until all dependencies are there. Now I'm not saying that this will
happen tomorrow, but it's the path I've been trying to lay out for a
while now.

Special thanks to Jesse, and I hope you all are excited by this.

-Neil