[dojo-contributors] Google SoC 2006: should we participate?

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Apr 14 17:06:41 EDT 2006

Hey all,

Google has opened up their Summer of Code thinger again, and after
having read the recent writeup of how last year's Mozilla projects
fared after the SoC ended, I'm both hesitant and interested in
participating.

What do you think: is this somethign the Foundation should pursue? What
would be good, well-scoped projects to direct potential contributors
toward?

If we do decide to do it, will someone volunteer to mentor the
participants? I would hate for us to say "yes, please pay our
contributors!" and then give the volunteers a sucky experience.

Regards

--
Alex Russell
alex at jot.com