Fwd: [dojo-contributors] [feedback wanted] Preferred Iterationforms

Scott J. Miles sjmiles at turbophp.com
Wed Apr 12 15:26:07 EDT 2006

Yes, I had the same reaction as James.

Regards,
Scott J. Miles
TurboAjax Group
http://www.turboajax.com
________________________________

From: dojo-contributors-bounces at dojotoolkit.org
[mailto:dojo-contributors-bounces at dojotoolkit.org] On Behalf Of Tom Trenka
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:43 AM
To: dojo dev.
Subject: Re: Fwd: [dojo-contributors] [feedback wanted] Preferred
Iterationforms

No, that's why I sent out the email first before trying to code it.  Anyone
else prefer next() over current()?

On 4/12/06, James Burke < jburke at dojotoolkit.org

	On 4/12/06, Tom Trenka < ttrenka at gmail.com
<mailto:ttrenka at gmail.com> > wrote:
	[snip]
	> var it=col.getIterator();
	>
	> while(!it.atEnd()){
	>     var item=it.current();
	>     // do stuff
	>  }
	>
	> The idea here is that current() not only returns the current item,
but also
	> advances the internal cursor to the next item in the collection.
atEnd()
	> should be obvious. I will also provide an "item" property, which
will be the
	> current item in the collection. Hopefully this is the best
comprimise I can
	> think of.  It should also be able to support a for form...
	>
	> for(it.current();!it.atEnd(); it.current()){
	>    // do stuff.
	> }

	if current() does a next operation underneath, I would then prefer
	calling the method next(). To me current implies I can call it many
	times and get the same value (no cursor movement). But that may be
my
	java experience coloring my perception. Please disregard if this
falls
	into the holy war section.

	James