[dojo-contributors] Re: Bootstrap Bloat documentation

Paul Sowden paul at idontsmoke.co.uk
Sun Apr 9 20:55:08 EDT 2006

On 10 Apr 2006, at 00:20, Alex Russell wrote:

> You know, a module like "dojo.backcompat" or something seems to
> make more and more sense to me.

Ug.  It would be better if we didn't deprecate so many functions.  I
think it's directly proportional to our QA process.  Investigating
for Dojo Core (aka Dojo-lite) the number of fluffy functions is far
too high.  Part of the reason there's bloat is because we have no
discipline when making APIs.  Once a function has been added the cost
of removal is very high, especially if it pushes through a release.

If the APIs have changed significantly then I think it's an indicator
that it's time to push and shake the tree.

--
Paul Sowden