[dojo-contributors] Re: Bootstrap Bloat documentation

James Burke jburke at dojotoolkit.org
Sun Apr 9 02:32:25 EDT 2006

On 4/8/06, Bill Keese <bill at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:
> I assume that (for example) if you remove dj_debug than you will change
> the existing SVN code to call dojo.debug?

Correct -- for things like removing function aliases or function
renaming, any existing code in the dojo source tree would be changed
to use the new method name. We could put in a compatibility shim for
folks that use dojo, but used the old names. This shim would be a
separate js file that they would have to manually include after the
dojo.js script src include (or use a djConfig param if the separate
script src include wouldn't work).

I would prefer not to have that shim in there, but if others know of
the targeted aliases being used in other people's code, then we can
add the shim.

James