[dojo-contributors] onDomLoad vs. onLoad

Jon Sykes jon.sykes at media-hive.com
Sat Apr 8 14:31:24 EDT 2006

Not sure if this subject has been discussed before, but I did a quick
"find" on the dojo files and couldn't find any functions that seemed
to do this.

Has anyone considered adding an onDomLoad type of function to the
library.

ala: http://brothercake.com/site/resources/scripts/domready/

It has some great benefits - the largest being that you can start DOM
manipulation before the non DOM based elements have been loaded (aka
Images).

Of course it shouldn't replace onload triggers, but it could add
something to page load - which I know is a big deal in the "Web 2.0"
world. ;-)

Jon Sykes