[dojo-contributors] Prototype-al simplicity

Paul Sowden paul at idontsmoke.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 20:10:06 EDT 2006

On 7 Apr 2006, at 20:47, Scott J. Miles wrote:

> IMO, # of functions is maybe not a good metric. What I mean is that
> we've chosen factoring and readable code over compound functions.

OK, so I don't think making our code unreadable is the correct
answer.  I also don't believe that our coding style is causing us to
be 4 times the size of Prototype.

Bottom line, functions need to be dropped or moved.  I find it a
little concerning at the general unwillingness to cut functions.

So I hate to be corny but;

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but
when there is nothing left to take away."
   --  Antoine de Saint-Exuper

--
Paul Sowden