[dojo-contributors] Prototype-al simplicity

Scott J. Miles sjmiles at turbophp.com
Fri Apr 7 15:47:25 EDT 2006

>> The sheer number of functions in style is just silly, we need to drop
functions here.

IMO, # of functions is maybe not a good metric. What I mean is that we've
chosen factoring and readable code over compound functions.

In particular a lot of those functions (yes, that I wrote) are very small
invocations of other worker functions. We can reduce the total # of bytes by
changing notation (ala Bill's suggestion), and/or we can decide to forego
some of our readability standards for compactness.

To be clear, I do agree there is a lot of stuff in there that can and should
be moved around. I think part of the problem is that each of us knows which
parts we use, but not necessarily what the other guy uses.

Regards,
Scott J. Miles
TurboAjax Group
http://www.turboajax.com