[dojo-contributors] Prototype-al simplicity

Jesse Kuhnert jkuhnert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 12:23:39 EDT 2006

I think the documentation parser that Neil is working on might be able to
handle something related to code checks.

The version that he has right now generically parses js into an object
structure, which is later used to generate the xml output for documentation
purposes. ..This object structure could probably pretty easily be
extended/used to start doing things like "checkstyle" / code metrics and
such...

I'm hesitant to volunteer anyone's time on it, but the capability should be
there (hopefully finished up with generic parsing today or this weekend) for
someone to extend when they have the time.

On 4/7/06, Alex Russell <alex at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

> On Friday 07 April 2006 7:42 am, Paul Sowden wrote:
> > On 7 Apr 2006, at 04:09, Bill Keese wrote:
> > > How come it's so much bigger?
> >
> > Ok, here's an initial size breakdown: <http://dojotoolkit.org/
> > ~psowden/dojolite.html> (DOM (Gecko!), please)
> >
> > Seems like dojo.io is the biggest offender.  It also looks like all
> > the modules need squeezing to achieve results so I guess it kind of
> > confirms the size problem is institutional.
> >
> > I'll write a little script to generate a report like this, so it's
> > easier to see how changes affect us.
>
> That'd be awesome. Any ideas from folks on how we can make sure this is
> in front of people when they're working on things? I was thinking some
> sort of checkin notification, but that seems heavyweight...ideas?
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Alex Russell
> alex at jot.com