[dojo-contributors] Prototype-al simplicity

Scott J. Miles sjmiles at turbophp.com
Thu Apr 6 20:21:55 EDT 2006

>> Well 0.3 should be pushed.  If it gets to the point were we can't move
forwards the release schedule is unrealistic and flawed.

Does pushed mean delayed? Perhaps it makes sense to release 0.2.3? I have a
problem because our library builds on top of Dojo and half my users are
using HEAD and half are using 0.2.2. I'm starting to need conditionals that
test the Dojo version before doing certain operations.

>> Basically I'd like opinions on this, is this what people were gunning for
when we talked about the issue or am I on my own path?  I'd very much like
to decide on this so we can move onto the next stage of getting us there
with these modules.

I'm completely on board. Building a dojo-core makes 100% sense and it looks
like we will clean things up as a side benefit.

>> Which causes these files to be included:

Ug!

>> Looking at this it seemed an utterly fruitless exercise fragmenting lang
and string to the goal of including less and so overall a detrimental
change.  I don't even know what an AdapterRegistry is... anyhow. <<

Right, this is what I meant at the meeting when I mentioned 'extras.js' not
being extra at all. Seems like some focused attention on cleaning up
dependencies and moving things around can generate fruit.

>> Overall I think this is a solid and noble set of modules to include as a
dojo-lite and should make us very attractive, I know it will to me.

Ditto.

Regards,
Scott J. Miles
TurboAjax Group