[dojo-contributors] "core dojo", packaging, and the build system

Jesse Kuhnert jkuhnert at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 17:06:27 EDT 2006

I think if there are no DNS barriers to making this feasible then it's only
a matter of someone starting the process. I'm very confident a lot of
companies might get behind it, so long as they aren't the only ones..Not
easy to convince IS that you need an additional 2g bandwidth per month for
this "project" you're working on ;)

On 4/5/06, James Burke <jburke at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

> AOL is hosting dojo on their CDN now. I'm not saying that they would
> sign up for what I describe below, but I think there might be a
> possibility of it. Given the properties of a CDN and the fact that AOL
> is dependent on dojo for at least one very large application, I would
> think it would be a reliable and responsive installation. My
> supposition here is that the actual dojo usage by others will be
> dwarfed by the amount of traffic that AOL needs to support for its own
> services. Of course this could change down the line as everyone uses
> dojo because it is so great.
>
> If this seems like a good approach (using a global installation to
> make using dojo easier), then I'm willing to try to convince someone
> to host it. If we get one installation going, then I think it will be
> easier to add others.
>
> James
>
> On 4/5/06, Jesse Kuhnert <jkuhnert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In regard to the globally available js package server, I still wish this
> > were possible. It seems the only barrier is trying to ask 1 entity to
> host
> > this, which just isn't feasible.
> >
> > I wish I knew more tcp/ip routing to make any thoughts I have
> substantial
> > but I thought that you can sort of round robin stagger a DNS name to a
> > number of different physical hosts....If this were possible, and we
> could
> > somehow guarantee only a certain amount of traffic going to each
> particular
> > entity it might be easier to get more companies/people to volunteer
> > bandwidth/server resources.
> >
> > But, like I said. I don't know enough about networking on this kind of
> scale
> > to know if it's feasible.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer