[dojo-contributors] "core dojo", packaging, and the build system

James Burke jburke at dojotoolkit.org
Wed Apr 5 16:54:07 EDT 2006

AOL is hosting dojo on their CDN now. I'm not saying that they would
sign up for what I describe below, but I think there might be a
possibility of it. Given the properties of a CDN and the fact that AOL
is dependent on dojo for at least one very large application, I would
think it would be a reliable and responsive installation. My
supposition here is that the actual dojo usage by others will be
dwarfed by the amount of traffic that AOL needs to support for its own
services. Of course this could change down the line as everyone uses
dojo because it is so great.

If this seems like a good approach (using a global installation to
make using dojo easier), then I'm willing to try to convince someone
to host it. If we get one installation going, then I think it will be
easier to add others.

James