[dojo-contributors] [feedback wanted] Preferred Iteration forms

James Burke jburke at dojotoolkit.org
Sat Apr 1 18:21:39 EST 2006

You may have already planned on doing this, but I'm just going off the
examples you showed in the email:

The only thing about the C# version I wonder about is the property
access of current vs. method access to get current.

In general, I like method access because it at least allows for aspect
oriented programming (AFAIK, AOP isn't possible in JS with plain
property access). I can't actually think of a use case on why someone
would want to cross-cut current read access (maybe to create a counter
of current() accesses?). But it seems like it would be nice to at
least allow the possibility.

Besides that, either version seems usable. If you need a vote, I would
vote for the java version, only because I'm more familiar with it. But
really, either one is OK. Consider it a half-vote for the Java
version, if you need a vote. I could see Dojo would more likely be
integrated with Java-like tools (like the Ajax Toolkit Framework) vs.
C# tools (as in an alternative to Atlas). So matching Java syntax
might be more familiar to those tool users. But that is conjecture.
For me, either one works.

James