[ng-dhtml] [Dojo-interest] Dojo Update

Paul Sowden paul at idontsmoke.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 17:43:32 CDT 2005

On 6 Sep 2005, at 15:24, Erik Arvidsson wrote:

> The question whether to keep dojo widget free or not is a matter of
> taste. The good part in removing widgets is that dojo can
> concentrate on other stuff and the bad part is that it would
> require other people to do these and then the core might not be
> efficient, usable enough to do it.

I certainly didn't say, and I'm not sure that I implied that there
shouldn't be stock widgets. However my vested interest in Dojo is not
to build a killer toolkit for intranets, and I'm not about to spend
my weekends making a generic grid. I want a nice JS toolkit which
allows me to build Cool Shit(TM).

I gather the thing to draw from this is that the widget system should
be an optional part of Dojo, which it currently is.

--
Paul Sowden