[ng-dhtml] [Dojo-interest] Dojo Update

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:00:53 CDT 2005

On 9/6/05, Martin Cooper <martinc at apache.org> wrote:
> Actually, in my experience, they *do* care about the way it looks and the
> way it behaves. And that takes a lot of work, so they want to pick up
> something instead of having to develop it themselves. If they can pick up
> something that does the job but is a mire of spaghetti, that's usually
> better than something technically brilliant that doesn't do the job.

Ok in my experience they care how it behaves only in so much as that
it fulfills a set of coarse functional requirements; and not so much
at all how it looks.

Perhaps when the ajax revolt settles down a bit, there will be more
clearly needed and reusable widgets, and Dojo can and should support
those. Perhaps Dojo can even blaze ahead and set the standard here.

I guess what I'm saying is that I see those widgets being things like
editors, popup autocomplete, date pickers, and other things that we
have not seen yet. Not tabsets, grids, and trees.