[ng-dhtml] [Dojo-interest] Dojo Update

Paul Sowden paul at idontsmoke.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 15:58:12 CDT 2005

On 6 Sep 2005, at 11:28, Alex Russell wrote:

> So if we're serious about finishing this platform and exposing the
> new and latent browser features that will let us collectively
> compete with a XAML, what do we need to produce?

I'm less interested in seeing a "widget toolkit" than I am in seeing
a killer set of library functions that can be drawn upon to build
custom behaviour. While some folks may want a stock widget set that
provides buttons and other form widgetry, tabsets etc I'm personally
more interested in being able to quickly build slick widgets "made
for Web pages", akin to Dave's (Jot) invite users widget for example.

I see this as having a solid set of discoverable and useful functions
(which also means documented) which are interoperable with other
libraries, lightweight and little hassle to develop with.

> What should we be incorporating from MochiKit and the other
> contributed code bases on the 0.2 and 0.3 timeframes?

I think it is much more valuable to interoperate with these other
toolkits than to try and suck them in.

What code are you thinking of when you ask this?

> And when should 0.2. and 0.3 be released?

I think we shouldn't aim too large for 0.2. I think there is more to
be gained from smaller and more frequent releases.

--
Paul Sowden