[ng-dhtml] [Dojo-interest] Dojo Update

Martin Cooper martinc at apache.org
Tue Sep 6 16:04:39 CDT 2005

For next steps, my votes would be:

1) Examples. Right now, there are only some test pages to crib from. Dojo
needs some real samples that people can look at to see how applications
should be built. Even something simple would help people see the "big
picture". (Struts uses a simple "mail reader" application for this
purpose, and each time we update the framework to add new features, we try
to showcase those in the mail reader.)

2) Widgets. There are a few there now, but the things that people will go
looking for first - trees, grids, etc. - are just not there. Some of those
that are there are buggy, too. (No, I haven't got around to filing bug
reports yet, but I will ;)

Another thing that's needed to show off the widgets is themes. The tests
aren't consistent in the way they style the widgets, and this is something
that a sample application would help with.

My 2 cents.

--
Martin Cooper