[ng-dhtml] Jungle Life

Daniel Pupius dan at pupius.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 18:57:25 CDT 2005

Hey everyone,

So about 11 weeks ago I sent out an email saying I was going to be working
in Honduras for the summer (if you missed the mail, sorry, a copy can be
found here: http://pupius.co.uk/log/2005-06-18/).

Over the summer I had meant to send updates about what has been going on,
but things have been pretty crazy and I actually ended off working 63
straight days in the forest before getting a break and leaving the
mountain.

That was two weeks ago; and today, I drove the last truck load down from
Base Camp.

A weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I started out as a Camp Manager and finished as Forest Operations
Coordinator.  I feel I’ve done a good job, and we were successful, but it
has been a bloody tiring, stressful and, at times, unpleasant few months.

I’m not going to go into any more detail, because I don’t really know
where to start, so I’m just going to gloss over it and say I’ve had a very
odd summer

Next: I’m going to travel around Honduras and the bay islands for a while
and return to England to prepare for my move to San Francisco.  It is a
scary, daunting and exciting prospect to be moving continents and to be
working with a company such as Google.  I hope I can live up to their
expectations.

Thanks to the three of you who sent emails asking if I’m still alive; the
snakes tried their best, but failed!

I hope you are all well, please reply and let me know what you’ve been up
to this summer.  I know it sucks that I’m sending mass mails, but I’d
appreciate it.

Take care

Dan

--