[ng-dhtml] [Dojo-checkins] cal - r1909 - in trunk: src/widget tests/widget

Cal Henderson cal at iamcal.com
Wed Oct 26 14:02:14 CDT 2005

Bill Keese <bill at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:
: OK.  Well, I'll try to fix things so that the resizing code is
: centralized in one place, yet test_Layout.html still works.  (I need
: that to work in order to use dojo in my own project.)  The basic
: principles are:

so here's what seems to be going wrong with sub-component parsing.

in DomWidget.postInitialize() we have this code as part of a block
called for containers:

   fragParser.createComponents(frag, this);

this finds and creates sub-widgets. if i comment out this line, no
widgets inside container widgets get created. however, the nesting
gets all messed up - see /tests/widget/test_Container.html in r1912

if i disable isContainer then it nests right, but no sub-components
gets created (good - this is correct).

if i remove the 'this' argument from the call (2nd arg is parent
component), then all the child compnents get created and nest
preoperly, but each parent component doesn't get it's this.children
array populated.

this is where my brief dig into the guts stopped, as i'm limited for
time today. it seems like there's something than could be tweaked
*somewhere* in there to just make it work :)

--cal