[ng-dhtml] Fwd: [Dojo-checkins] alex - r1867 - trunk/documents/manual/rest

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Sun Oct 23 08:32:16 CDT 2005

> Basically through several IRC chats, it was decided against because it
> is very difficult to parse correctly without adding a bunch of extra
> attributes/information, and we wanted to avoid the docbook style
> comments used in nWidgets (they completely overwelmed the codebase
> itself).  It has worked really well for MochiKit, which gave us
> confidence that such an approach would be useful.

OK, got it.  So then, you are writing something similar to javadoc, but
just putting it in a separate document rather than the source code.  IE,
the plan is to write reference documentation rather than user manuals.
(I guess it makes sense; there are already a number of user manuals, for
events, widgets, etc.)