[ng-dhtml] Fwd: Kudos on Dojo!

Alex Russell alex at dojotoolkit.org
Sat Oct 15 23:01:25 CDT 2005

Subject: Kudos on Dojo!
Date: Saturday 15 October 2005 8:36 pm
From: Ken Pelletier <ken at nika.com>
To: alex at dojotoolkit.org

Alex,

Just a quick note to say how absolutely stunned I am by my first look
at Dojo.

I've been a software developer for nearly 2 decades.   Started with c+
+ and SmallTalk, became a NeXTSTEP developer fulltime for it's
lifetime, have had a love affair with Ruby for 5 years, done quite a
bit of JavaScript.

My primary work is in Java for some time now, and I use Groovy and
AOP (AspectJ primarily) quite heavily these days.

All this to say that, given my experience, Dojo was like driving a
well-designed, familiar sports car; the gear shift just falls into
the hand, the instruments are right where they should be...

It's great to see somebody use JavaScript as a real language!

I am very impressed.

I look forward to seeing this stuff grow.

Great work!

- Ken Pelletier
Chicago, IL

Alex Russell
alex at netWindows.org  F687 1964 1EF6 453E 9BD0 5148 A15D 1D43 AB92 9A46