[ng-dhtml] directory structure

Dylan Schiemann mail at dylans.org
Thu Sep 16 18:09:58 CDT 2004

Ok, to summarize what I'm hearing so far:

- we pretty much agree on the general directory structure as proposed (that it is basically influenced by the package structure), and that classes are generally one per file, but not strictly enforced as this is often overkill.... and that a better way to do this may be to group closely related classes that are not separable into a single file.
- that we will be relying on our build tools and packaging to group files more intelligently and for better performance, but that we should not be forced to use a build tool as a requirement to get a working version of the toolkit, only as a way to optimize it, and that bootstrapping and other dynamic loading mechanisms such as that used in burst can make this even more flexible.

More thoughts?

By the way, an interesting issue for discussion came up today... print rendering for selected portions of dynamically generated components.  More on that can of worms later...