[ng-dhtml] Component/Widget data and metadata modelling

Dylan Schiemann mail at dylans.org
Thu Sep 9 13:09:18 CDT 2004

Alex and I revisited the discussion of the structure of a generic component yesterday.  Some of the issues we should try to address now and lock down are:

- data structure (common default data structure, or unique type for each component, or set of data structures independent of component type)
- data transfer (xmlHttpRequest, real-time (mod_pub_sub), etc. ... how do we want to abstract this, what are the event models going to be, etc.)
- markup structure (on the wire representation, client side consumption structure, component declaration language, and how packaging will deal with this)

Let me know what you all think about this stuff when you get a chance...