[ng-dhtml] Make or Ant?

Martin Cooper mfncooper at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 21:54:42 CDT 2004

I would (probably not surprisingly ;) recommend going with Ant. It's
portable across OSs, and you very rarely need to care which OS you're
building on. It's also very easy to extend by writing your own tasks,
and supports the use of Jelly, JavaScript and general BSF scripting.

In my experience, there are too many 'make's out there, and they all
work slightly differently, so unless you're willing to nail down a
specific build environment, you're going to have a lot more work on
your hands.

Another possibility is Maven. Think of it as Ant with a lot of typical
boilerplate stuff already built in, including the creation and
deployment of distributions and web sites. However, I have no clue how
much of it might be next to useless in the JavaScript world.

Martin.